Friday, October 14, 2016

About me

Part I: Therapy

"Let me know if it's too strong or weak," he said as he massaged my back.
"I want you to destroy me." I grunted matter-of-factly. Only after the words escaped my mouth did the heavy sexual connotation fully process into my (innocent?) brain.
I started cracking up uncontrollably and the massage guy (Larry) started laughing so hard too. We both had tears streaming down our faces, and we could not keep it together for a couple minutes...

Just two dudes... One dude massaging another dude... The other dude accidentally making sexual jokes...
My first massage. I laughed so hard.


Part II: Art Exhibit

I clumsily made my way into the exhibit, dumbfounded and feeling stupid for having gone in and not understanding any of the items. Apparently the concept was: trying to make sense of potholes, the artist trying to fill in the potholes from the streets of Detroit with assorted things.
What kind of pothole(s?) do I have in my life? What do I fill in those potholes with?
Potholes are inevitable, but why do they remain and grow bigger and bigger every year? (That's not a real question, I'm going to answer it for you in the next sentence.) Neglect and apathy to take action, I suppose.

As these questions ran through my mind, I realized, abstract art can make space for self-reflection.

What are some potholes in your life? What do you fill them with?

Artsy Potholes.

Part III: Facebook

A little while ago, Facebook added reaction emojis as a response to people complaining that the responses to posts were too limited. Well, I think the addition of these emojis made facebook a lot worse. Instead of typing, "Hahahahaha," people just click the "Haha" emoji. Isn't that sad? I think it is. It makes the communication experience much less interactive.

This has nothing to do with the topic. I just love this picture.


3 comments:

  1. JINWOO YOU'RE SO FUNNY XD
    I disagree with the facebook reactions though. I suppose less people will comment with ha's since there is a "haha" emoji but if the post is funny enough, people will comment about how funny they think it is anyway (or at least I think so). Also having the sad and outrage reactions let people give appropriate responses to less happy posts, instead of wanting to like a post to give it recognition even though they the contents of the post make them not happy.

    But you're still the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!

      Ah, I hadn't thought about those who use a reaction, and then comment to add to that. That would be a greater emphasis!
      I was mainly referring to those who think using the reaction button is enough for conveying all their thoughts.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete